LCM2207 350kN Military Vehicle Towing Force Load Pin
We received this enquiry from another load cell manufacturer, who specialise in large volume load cell production. They received this enquiry and rather than decline it, asked us to help them service their customer's needs.
The load pin was required to be installed on a towing attachment on the rear of a tank. It was to be used in field trials to monitor the towing forces seen in different towing scenarios. The pin had to be designed to replicate precisely the pin existing pin. This meant designing a special locking and removal system. The output from the pin had to suit an existing datalogger, so we included an integral amplifier, with a voltage output, which was scaled to the datalogger input.
The main criteria we were given was as follows:
- The load pin had to replicate the existing tow pin precisely
- The output from the pin had to suit their existing datalogger
- The pin had to be robust, to suit a harsh environment
- It had to be designed, manufactured and delivered, ready for a field trial, 3 weeks after we received the order
- We had to work indirectly to determine the required design parameters, assisting our customer in obtaining the correct data required to design and manufacture the product.